Saturday, September 27, 2008

Stuffed Strawberries

YUMMMMMMM



I have seen these on Vicki's Healthy eats and Sinful treats and then Amy made them from Simple, but delicious, I just needed a reason to make them and today was my nephew's birthday party. They were definitely a HUGE hit. I looked over at one point and my nephew was just shoving them in his mouth one right after the other.



I used my Wilton's new cake decorating kit for the first time. I had the hardest time with the bag, but I finally I was able to figure it out. (I start my cake decorating class next Monday)


Stuffed Strawberries
Source: Amber's Delectable Delights
Ingredients:
1 pint fresh strawberries
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, or to taste
2 tablespoons orange flavored liqueur, or to taste (I used vanilla extract instead)


Directions:
Cut the tops off of the strawberries and stand upright on the cut side.
Make a cut 3/4 of the way down from the tip of the strawberry towards the bottom.

Beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and liqueur until smooth in a mixer or a food processor. Place into a piping bag with a star tip.
Pipe into each strawberry and arrange on a serving platter.





I used 4 pints of strawberries and made 3 batches of the filling. I had a lot of filling left so I think one batch of filling per 2 pints of strawberries would be perfect.

If you don't want to be fancy and use the piping bag just use the filling as a fruit dip. It would go very well with other fruit. It's just pretty and fancy with the strawberries.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hey Babbs, not sure if you're interested in doing this since your blog has been solely cooking-related, but I tagged you on my blog. If you want, you're supposed to post on your blog with 7 random facts about yourself. :)

The strawberries look amazing!!