Saturday, September 27, 2008

Buffalo Chicken Dip - aka "Crack Dip"

I've seen so many versions of this recipe, but my best friend's dad seems to have the best combination of ingredients. I made this tonight for tailgating tomorrow. From the mouth of my husband after letting him "test" it, "Man, I love that shit." So, I guess that means he approves.

Hopefully we will pull out a Bengal win tomorrow.


Here is Mick's version:

Ingredients:
2 (14.5 oz) cans of chicken breast
2 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese
1 cup Ranch (not blue cheese...ewww)
1/2 cup of hot sauce (I used Frank's)
1 cup of shredded mild cheddar

Preheat oven to 350.

First mix the cream cheese until it's smooth and creamy. Then add the hot sauce and ranch (or blue cheese if you must) and mix until well blended. Add chicken one can at a time (I like having the chicken all shredded in the mix and not chunks, so mixed a little longer). Add cheese and mix. Cook for 20-30 (you will see it bubble on the sides)





GO BENGALS!!

2 comments:

Jules said...

I've been looking for a good buffalo chicken dip recipe. we'll have to try it for the game this weekend.

KaitCav said...

Hi Sarah! We love buffalo chicken dip and always make it with Swanson Chicken! Canned chicken makes this recipe super easy and Swanson Chicken is made with only white meat (I know because I work for them)! It saves a ton of time from having to cook and shred your own chicken! It also makes the consistency of this dip much better, since sometimes when you cook your own chicken you get large chunks in some bites and then other bites with no chicken!