Monday, September 8, 2008

Best Spinach and Artichoke Dip

I'm not sure where this one came from. I just did an internet search one day for Spinach and Artichoke dip and found this recipe. It's so good, probably one of the best I have ever had. I am not a big fan of Mayo in my dips, so I looked for one that didn't call for mayo.

It would make for a great tailgating party dip.

1 pkg. frozen spinach thawed
1 jar marinated artichokes, chopped
8 oz. Philly cream cheese
8 oz. sour cream
3/4 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
8 oz. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1/2 onion finely chopped
1 stick butterred
Red pepper flakes to taste

Sauté onions in butter, adding ingredients while mixing and blending well after each addition. Add ingredients in this order: Spinach, Cream Cheese, Sour Cream, Parmesan Cheese, Artichoke Hearts, Crushed Red Pepper Flakes.
Remove from heat and put in crocks or microwave dish. Top with Monterey Jack Cheese and melt.

Serve hot with chips or bread.

It is also good with Mozzarella Cheese on top.

Sorry no pictures, but maybe next time I make it. We do have a Bengal's game this weekend, maybe I might make it then.

1 comment:

The Kitchen Vixen said...

babbs! dude! i made this dip this past weekend for a baby shower and i got asked for the recipe no less that 5 times. this shit is the BOMB yo! and i am VERY picky about my spinach dip!

this is my forever spinach dip recipe. the one i've been searching for all of my life.