Thursday, October 9, 2008

Mock Fried Rice




Let's first start with a shout out to The Baking Bailey. This was a very good rice and very easy. The recipe is her basic recipe and the red are my changes or what I added in:


Ingredients:
1/2 head raw cauliflower- grated (I used broccoli)
3 green onions sliced (white and greens separated) - I didn't use green onion
1 clove garlic minced (I probably used 3)
1/2 teaspoon ginger minced- I used 3/4 teaspoon
3 tablespoons soy sauce- I used 5 tablespoons
3 eggs beaten- used 2 eggs
Olive Oil
Any cooked meat you like ( I used chicken but you could use beef, pork, shrimp, etc)- I didn't use meat

My add in:
1/2 cup of cabbage
1/2 can of bamboo shoots
1/2 can of water chestnuts
2 carrots chopped
I used 2 1/2 cups of rice


Directions:
Coat the bottom of a large skillet with olive oil. Satay white parts of onion and garlic for 1 minute. Add grated cauliflower (this is where I added my extra ingredients) and fry for 4-5 minutes, stirring constantly. Add soy sauce, ginger, green parts of onion and meat (if you are adding meat). Push "rice" mixture to one side add beaten eggs. Mix eggs and "rice" together. Once the eggs are no longer wet you are done.

No comments: