Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Oriental Soup

My first homemade soup, done. I just took a recipe and turned into my own, by adding a little more here and there.

I bought the ingredients Friday and was finally able to make it. For those of you who don't know, the area I live in was just hit with a huge windstorm. We came home from the Bengal's game to find shingles all over the yard and no power. We went without power for a little over 24 hours.

There are still so many families without power.

It looks like the hubby and I are going to need a whole new roof. UGH!


Okay, I will stop rambling. Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons sesame oil
2 carrots, peeled and sliced
2 celery ribs, sliced
1 cup sliced onions
4 (14 oz) cans vegetable broth
3 tablespoons Soy sauce
1 cup spinach leaves, cut into pieces
2 teaspoons of ground ginger
1 (8 oz) water chestnuts
1 (8 oz) bamboo shoots
1 (14 oz) can bean sprouts
2 cups chopped Broccoli
1 cup chopped cabbage

Directions:
-In a saucepan, heat oil. Add carrots, onions and celery. Stir fry for about 2 to 3 minutes, just enough until the onion is soft.
-Add vegetable broth, soy sauce and ground ginger- bring to a boil.
-Add remaining vegetables with the exception of spinach. Let it simmer for 15-20 minutes and then add spinach. Once the spinach has been added let it simmer for at least another 10 minutes.
hmmmmm.... ready to serve!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

This looks so good! I love making soup - thanks for a new recipe!