Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Beginning

Do you ever sit and think about what kind of mom (or dad) you want to be? I do, all the time. (Imagine that) I want to be the kind of mom who when my kids think back to their childhood and they remember the good food their mom made, the smell of the kitchen. It will bring back so many memories for them. I know for me, I can remember everything about my mom's kitchen, the woman can cook and bake. It's not always healthy, but damn it's good. I still ask her to make me stuff that makes my mouth start watering just thinking about it.

I come from a family of 8 kids so my mom was always in the kitchen baking up something good to feed all those hungry mouths.

Here I am wanting to start a blog to share recipes and have a place to just to vent a little. So, there will be lots of recipes and a little bull crap.

I am going to share some of my mom's recipes, shhhhhh don't tell her. The woman's buck-eyes are to DIE for.

I am starting on a veg diet tomorrow, so I will be sharing some healthy recipes as well, but my husband will not be on this diet and I will share all the recipes he enjoys.

Well, that's all I can say to get started. I will be posting some recipes very soon.

1 comment:

Nerdy said...

Yeah Babbs! Can't wait since I love to bake too! Love you!