Sunday, October 19, 2008

Cake Release Recipe!

I had my first cake decorating class last Monday. This week I am required to bake a cake to decorate tomorrow. God, I hope I am good at this. I am the only one in the class, so hopefully that means I will have focused attention on ME:) Just the way I like it!

Anywho, I just made my first cake and couldn't believe how easy it came out of the pans. Cake release is awesome. My instructor gave me the recipe. It's too good not to share.

equal parts: (you can make it with any amount-just make sure it is equal parts)
1 cup flour
1 cup crisco
1 cup oil

Instructor said to store it tightly covered in a glass jar. No need to put it in the fridge.

Mix with an eletric mixer and Ta-Da! I coated my pans evenly with it. When the cake was cooling in the pans you could just see the cake coming off the sides, just waiting for me to turn them over to put on the cooling trays!

Good stuff!

Stay tuned for the cake decorated;)

No comments: