Friday, October 10, 2008

Quesadilla night... Fiesta (His and Hers)

I had to make 2 different types of quesadilla's, Aaron likes the basic chicken and cheese. I on the other hand wanted to try and mimic what I had at Moe's. At Moe's its called Instant friend. If I am being honest I liked tonight's better. I made it exactly the way I wanted.


The best invention ever, a quesadilla maker. I love mine! I finally got it back out after we moved. Why did I ever put it a way?



Let's start with mine...




3 large mushrooms chopped
1/3 cup chopped onion
1 can of black beans
1/2 of a tomato chopped
Olive oil
Chili Powder
Garlic Salt
Salt and pepper to taste
Mexican cheese mix


Heat Olive Oil (enough to cover the bottom of the pan) and saute onions until they are tender. Add Mushrooms and tomatos and saute for another 4-5 minutes. Sprinkle chili powder, garlic salt, salt and pepper. I just eyed what I would like of the chili powder and garlic salt (not set amount). Mix it in and let saute for another 2-3 minutes.


Heat black beans in a different pan.
On the tortilla, place cheese, then add black beans, and vegetable mix. (In any order)



- changes for next time, I will use fresh garlic cloves and lime juice. (maybe even some Jose Cuervo)
Aaron's Turn:



(this was enough for 2 Quesadillas)


1 pound of chicken breast
Mexican cheese
Chili Powder
Garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste

Cook chicken on a skillet (I add a little water to keep it tender). Sprinkle chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.


On a tortilla add chicken and cheese.



Just add a margarita.... mmmmmm....

2 comments:

Annmarie said...

seriously.....that killed me, I LOVE MEXICAN food and that looks sooooo good!

Lori said...

Oh god, no margaritas! I concur on the quesadilla maker, though...hands down one of the best Christmas gifts I've ever gotten!