Thursday, October 9, 2008

Not Your Momma's Meatloaf



This was a bad time to be a veg head. This smelled so good cooking. I have to be honest I tasted the meatloaf and DA-YUM it's delicious. Aaron seemed to enjoy it as well. I think he had 2 or three servings of it. It's really, really good. It was hard to only have one bite.

Honestly, I am not sure where I got this recipe I viewed about 10 today looking for the perfect one. I copied and pasted in email to print it. I really didn't think we would like it. I promised myself I would never make meatloaf, because I would never eat my mom's. I didn't like the name meatloaf. I bet her meatloaf is good, but I was too stubborn to try it.

Ingredients:
2 pounds ground beef
1/3 cup chopped peeled onion
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 1/4 teaspoons chili powder
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 1/4 teaspoons ground sage
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
3/4 cup milk
2 large eggs
1/4 cup Worchestershire sauce
2/3 cup bread crumbs
4 slices bacon
1/4 cup tomato ketchup
2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper


Directions:
Combine the first 8 ingredients in a medium bowl.
In a large bowl, combine milk ,eggs and Worcestershire sauce. Mix in beef mixture. Add bread crumbs.
Grease a large sheet of aluminum foil, place bacon on foil. Mold mixture over bacon. Refrigerate 2 hours, or over night. (I did not let it sit for 2 hours, I cooked it right away)
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Place meatloaf on a cookie sheet and bake for 1 hour.
Combine ketchup, brown sugar, salt, mustard and pepper. Open foil , drain any juice. Spoon ketchup mixture over meatloaf and bake, uncovered, an additional 30 minutes. Serve immediately.

No comments: