Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Heart Day

One year ago from Halloween my dad was in the hospital having a 6 way bypass. It was a scary day and I don't mean because it was Halloween. We spent the day pacing the hospital hallways waiting for every update and holding on to every word the nurses said. I never wanted to go through that experience again. Thanks to my brother, we had to go through it again in April. Thanks big brother, but I guess that's another reason to celebrate.

I am thankful for the 2 amazing heart surgeons, I will have my dad and my brother in my life for a very, very long time!

Tomorrow I am having a little dinner for my dad's 1 year heart anniversary. I decided to make a cake for the occasion. I have to keep practicing my skills right:)

I decided to go with a heart design (of course). I really wasn't sure what I was going to do with it, but I didn't wanted it to be Valentine's day colors. I wanted something a little different. I decided just a simple "We Love You" we would be perfect. I put everyone who will be at the dinner on the cake, plus my dad. The little face of him cracks me up, of course he has more hair than that, but I wanted to be funny:)

I hope I get better at faces, because I just love them.









I love you dad!!!



Thanks again to the amazing doctor who made my dad feel 100% better!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Pearly said...

You are getting REALLY good at cake decorating!

Amy~ said...

Your faces look great! I'm glad your dad is doing well!

Jules said...

Love the faces - super cute!